Felix. [PICTURE HEAVY]


Hey lovelies,

I hope your week has been wonderful. Sadly mine ended on a sour note as our kitten Felix was hit by a car on Friday morning.

I was awoken to pounding on the door at 8AM that morning. A man from down the road was standing there holding little Felix's body by the tail and immediately began to scream at me: "Is this your cat?!" I immediately started to cry in shock and horror because Felix was gone, and the man continued to yell abuse at me, telling me to "sort my sh*t" and various other obscenities while I told him through my tears that he needed to leave. Eventually he did leave after hurling more abuse at me, throwing poor Felix down on our porch and storming off. I was so upset I couldn't even think what to do, I just shut the door quickly and ran to call Mike. I couldn't even tell him what had happened for a few minutes, I was so upset I was just a babbling mess. I got there in the end though, and he said he would try to come home. Then I called my brother (who literally ran to my house from several suburbs away - what a legend!) and Noel grabbed my phone and accidentally called my sister, who came over too after Noel let me have the phone and I explained what had happened.

Soon Mike and my brother and sister were at the house helping to distract and comfort Noel and I. Mike buried Felix in the garden. I still can't believe what happened with that man, it's surreal. A friend suggested he may have been so upset at what had happened to the cat and had an odd way of expressing it - I think perhaps they are on to something there. I'd like to believe the man had a genuine concern for Felix and that his expression of this was off rather than this being just a deliberate act of cruelty. Regardless of where he was coming from, the way he expressed himself was incredibly cruel, and the way he held our Felix was hugely disrespectful, both to us and to Felix.

I know a lot of my new followers have come via the Spring Essentials Giveaway and I do apologise that one of the first posts of mine that you may be seeing is so depressing. But blogs are for sharing, and I wanted to share this. Felix was just a little guy, only 6 months old. He and Noel were best friends. He was only with our family for a short time, but he was a treasured and loved family member and will be missed.

Rest in peace, Felix. I look forward to showing Noel photos of you as he grows and reminding him of his fuzzy little best friend.

Here are some photos of Felix I'd like to share.

He was such a sweet, mischievous little kitten.








*

Although he doesn't look thrilled here, Felix was fond of hopping in the shower with us.


*

I often found Noel and Felix sleeping together, whether on the couch, snuggled against Mike or in Noel's bed.










*

He had amazing patience with Noel.






*

He loved playing tug of war.


*

And sleeping!



*

He also loved to play outside with Noel.


  
*

And to catch the last of the morning sun.



Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow's post will be more cheerful, I promise!

X
Lani

10 comments

  1. So sorry for your loss. I am glad that Felix was able to bring joy into your lives during the short time that he was here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Felix :( I'm sorry for your loss, Lani (and family). He was a cool cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I still have the photo of you two playing with him! So cute.

      Delete
  3. he's such a pretty looking cat, and he and noel looked really happy together! So sorry lani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, how repulsive of anyone to act like that. i am so sorry for your loss, and for having to endure such a cruel form of human behavior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  5. It actually made me feel sick to read this. I'm so sorry for your loss and I'd happily punch that neighbour of yours in the face if I weren't half a planet away.

    ReplyDelete