City Color Naked Palette - Swatches & Review

Hey lovelies,

I don't know about you, but in recent years I've become a total convert to the convenience of neutral palettes. I already have several that I regularly use and love, but I still couldn't resist picking this up when I spotted it at Uncle Bills a few months back.

City Color isn't a brand that is usually available in New Zealand, so I wasn't really sure what to expect but for $6 or so I was willing to take a chance :)


The palette is compact, it's a just a tad smaller than an MUA or Sleek palette. It's pretty sturdy - it's survived being knocked around my handbag for months, lol.




The palette comes with two sponge tip applicators (one had already been claimed and promptly destroyed by Noel when I took these photos!) I'm not a fan of these applicators so don't bother with them but they could be handy for on the go application.


I really like the range of shades included in the Naked palette. The usual staple shades are there ( you can probably tell the rich golden brown is a go to for me!), but the orange shimmer, the ruddy brown matte and the burgundy are a nice twist. The mattes were a little sheer and patchy when swatched but perform better on the lid.


A few eye looks I've done with this palette - full blog posts are linked below each:


X


X

What I liked:
  • Nice range of neutral shades - I particularly like the addition of the orange and burgundy to the usual neutral palette fare.
  • Most of the shades have decent colour pay off. They're all easy to blend and have nice textures.
  • Great price - I paid around $6NZD.
What I didn't like:
  • Pigmentation is a little light on some of the shades.
Where to buy: 
  • I believe this may be available at Rite Aid in the US - I couldn't see it on the City Color website though.
  • Kiwi gals may be able to find this at Uncle Bills stores - their stock tends to be a bit random and restocks are sporadic though so it pays to keep checking back.
Thanks for stopping by!

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments