A Fyrinnae A Day: Arcane Magic Steampunk - Swatches & Review

Hey lovelies,

I thought showing a Fyrinnae product a day would be a fun new way to experiment with my lovely new Fyrinnae goodies! I've always heard great things about the brand and been curious to try them but had never gotten round to it, until I finally took the plunge and placed two orders last month. You can find my haul posts here.

I'll be posting a different Fyrinnae product daily showing product photos, swatches and how I've worn it. I'll also be creating a masterpost so the swatches can all be seen in one place. I'm hoping to do a similar feature for my Femme Fatale shadows too (especially if I place another order, which I'm dying to do!). Exciting!!

If indie brands aren't your thing, never fear, I hope to be double posting for a bit to get through my backlog of drafts and there is quite a selection in there! :)

But if you are interested, let's kick things off! Today I have one of Fyrinnae's famed Arcane Magic eyeshadows to share with you, this is Steampunk.


All of the Fyrinnae eyeshadows I purchased are minis; the mini eyeshadows are packaged in a clear screwtop jar with a label on the bottom. The Arcane Magic minis contain 1/4 teaspoon of eyeshadow.




SPARKLE!!!
Fyrinnae's description:

A remake of our old Steampunk shade (but better!), this is an antiqued deep copper on black, with a touch of gold sparkle and hues of pink/plum. Move it toward light or change the angle, and it becomes gold to chartreuse, the black base setting off the vivid highlight while still retaining its Victorian-era depth. Halloween 2011..



Swatched dry (left) and patted over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (right), photographed in sunlight. I'm afraid I didn't capture the gold/chartreuse shift, but there is a great pic by Siryn on Fyrinnae's site here, and Mandy at Prettymaking has gorgeous swatches too. The gold sparkle in this almost seems like micro flakies, which really need a sticky base to shine.  You can see it's a bit more evident in the Pixie Epoxy swatch as it can adhere better.



Whoops, sorry about the wonky liner! Not my best effort. This kind of blackened shade is quite out of my comfort zone - I love the look of them but I'm never quite sure how to use them! This shade - as with the other darker Fyrinnae shades I picked up - are so captivating though, that I've been pushing myself to experiment. Please be patient if some of my attempts are a bit rubbish :p


A FOTD using Steampunk - more details here.

What I liked:
  • Great price - Arcane Magic minis are $2.25USD (containing 1/4 teaspoon - I purchased all minis), full size jars are $6.80USD.
  • Good colour pay off and blendable texture
What I didn't like:
  • A little fall out (albeit minimal) even with a sticky base
Where to buy:
Are you as excited about this new series as I am? :D Thanks for stopping by!

X
Lani

PS. Have you entered my current giveaways? Day 1: Star Kin Blogiversary (NZ only)Day 2: Local Goodies (International)Day 3: Handmade By Kyleigh (NZ only)Day 4: Peacock Pie (International) and Day 5: Favourite Things (NZ only).

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. I so have to try this brand. I got one sample through a swap a while back and I love the quality, but I haven't really dived in. I absolutely need this shade, though. And the epoxy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The epoxy is fab! Life changing stuff. Definitely reccommend giving them a go, the complexity of the shades is what I really love, even the neutrals have some kind of twist to make them unique in my collection. I'd love to try Rouge Bunny Rouge some day, your posts always have me drooling!

    ReplyDelete