Tutorial: Daytime Smoky Eye

Hey lovelies,

A few of you have requested make up tutorials lately, so I thought I'd have a go at one while doing my make up the other day. Fingers crossed it isn't too awful :D

Today's tutorial is a daytime smoky eye - smoky eyes are something I'm a bit afraid of, so it was great to challenge myself to try something really different for me! I hope you like it, please let me know in the comments if there's a tutorial you'd really like to see.

Here's what we're going for:





 



Prep your lids with your primer of choice. I'm using Covergirl Shadowblast Beige Blaze. Then grab a medium matte grey eyeshadow (My Beauty Addiction Smog used here) and sweep it back and forth along the socket line in a windshield wiper motion, blending out any harsh lines.


Use the same grey eyeshadow to pat along your lower lashline, focussing on the outer third and gradually decreasing the thickness of the line towards the inner corner. I like to stop just before my tear duct.


Take a moment to do your best zombie impression. Stomp around the house for a bit growling. No judgement.


Optional: If you're using a loose shadow for the next step, like I am, you can apply Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy or a similar product now. I like to dab a small amount on the centre of the lid and then use a finger to spread and blend it out across the lid.


Pat a grey shimmery shadow all over lid the lid. I'm using Fyrinnae Agenda which has fine pink shimmer, it's so pretty! Pack the colour onto the lid and then gently blend out into your matte grey shadow.


Highlighting time! I'm using an ivory with gold sheen (like a toned down version of MAC Vanilla pigment) from Dior's Incognito palette - it's a very easy to dupe shade. Sweep your highlighting shade across the browbone and blend down to make the transition to the matte grey seamless.


For an extra kick of highlighty goodness on my inner corners, I'm applying Holika Holika Jewel-Light Eyeliner #7 1 Carat Diamond. I diffused the edges a little with the ivory from the Incognito palette to tone down the disco ball sparkle :)


Add liquid eyeliner.


Finish with mascara (I did my brows between steps too.)


And voila! A very wearable soft, smoky eye for daytime. That wasn't too scary, was it?



Again, I'd love to hear from you with any tutorial requests. Going outside my comfort zone is fun sometimes :D

X
Lani

PS. Have you entered my current giveaways? Day 1: Star Kin Blogiversary (NZ only)Day 2: Local Goodies (International)Day 3: Handmade By Kyleigh (NZ only)Day 4: Peacock Pie (International) and Day 5: Favourite Things (NZ only).

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments